We love the area of Defiance – the hiking trails, the biking trails, and all of the area attractions. The beauty and nature of the region drew us here, and we’re sure that’s why visitors want to come here as well. When we decided to open our Inn, we wanted to accomplish a few things:
- Provide a great overnight experience for our guests
- To serve products that are local
- Be respectful to the environment
How do we do that?
- Our guests will receive a warm welcome with a refreshment upon arrival, and in-room amenities such as flat-screen, SMART TV’s, private outdoor entrances, bedding that is hypo-allergenic, private bathrooms with robes, a delicious and filling breakfast, the use of our large spa in the four seasons room, a library with observation tower, and several other common areas to relax and enjoy Missouri hospitality!
- Many of our products are local. We proudly serve Breve Coffee, a gourmet coffee that is Fair Trade certified and roasted here in Imperial, Missouri. Our soaps are from a local producer, and our foods come primarily from Missouri farms – many of which offer organic products. Our other beverages are local, too!
- We like to approach the environment from a “caretaker” perspective. We do this through:
- Recycling all of our newspaper, magazines, unsoiled paper products, cans, plastic, and bottles.
- We minimize the use of fertilizers, pesticides, and other products on our property that could harm the grounds or nearby waterways. Our septic facility is regularly monitored and checked by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- In an effort to reduce the amount of water and laundry detergent used to wash our towels and linens, we provide guests the option of reusing their towels or requesting fresh ones. Our hope is that we can reduce the amount of phosphates and wastewater entering our septic field.
- Wherever possible, we have installed Energy Star appliances and utilize exterior lighting sources that are either solar, use light sensors, or timed lighting.
- We provide reusable items such as cloth napkins, glasses, ceramic mugs and dishes and limit the use of paper and other throw-away items.
- We provide guests with as much of an allergen-free experience as possible by having a virtually “carpet-free” Inn (hardwoods, tile, and other "natural" flooring), hypo-allergenic bed linens, hypo-allergenic pillow and mattress encasings. We are a “No-Smoking” Inn but have an outdoor covered patio where our guests may smoke.