The Inn at Defiance is a small, family-run Bed & Breakfast where every guest reservation made is both important and special to us. Advance reservations are required and are secured with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 14 (fourteen) days prior to your arrival date for a cheerful refund of your deposit less a $50.00 processing fee.
Minimum Stays & Deposits Weekends
- On-line reservations may be made twenty-four hours a day, but must be made twenty-four hours in advance. Our online calendar is updated live; therefore, the availability viewed on our reservation page is accurate. For inquiries or reservations via phone, please call 636-987-2002 between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm Central Standard Time.
- To secure a reservation, a valid credit card is required. Visa, Master-Card, American Express and Discover are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted. At the placing of your reservation, a 50% deposit will be charged to your card. The remaining 50% will be charged 14 days before your arrival.
- Prices and terms are subject to change (but not once you have made your reservation). Rates are for one or two persons in a room. An additional $75 per person, per night may be charged for triple occupancy in the room; however, not all rooms will accommodate additional guests and are meant for single or double occupancy.
- Rates and minimum stays may vary during special events, busy seasons, and holidays.
- The rate of your room includes a full breakfast, free on-site parking, complimentary WiFi, snacks and beverages, and all applicable taxes.
-- A two-night minimum stay is required on weekends (Friday & Saturday night booked together
), for special events, busy season, and some holidays. Weekdays
-- Single-night stays are available throughout the week. Requests for one-night stays during special events, busy season, or holidays may be declined. Cancellations
Because we are a small Inn, we ask that you understand our need for ample notice of cancellation. Cancellations have a large effect on us, unlike hotels and larger properties. There is a $50 processing fee for any cancellation or shortened stay. You will be held responsible for cancellations made less than 14 (fourteen) days before your reservation, unless we are able to re-book the guestroom. If we are able to re-book your room, a full refund will be provided, less a $50 processing fee. Should your stay at the Inn at Defiance be shortened for any reason, you are responsible for the remainder of your reservation with us (early departures will be charged for the entire booked stay). Inclement Weather Cancellation
We like to give our guests an option when inclement weather causes them to cancel their reservation. If the metro area weather causes a guest to be unable to make their reservation commitment, we will be happy to give them a gift certificate to The Inn at Defiance at 100% of their reservation, with a one-year expiration date. Check In and Check Out
Unless arranged at the time of booking, Check-In
time is at an agreed upon time between 4-6:30 pm
. The Inn is closed between 11 am and 4 pm. We use this time to tidy the rooms, wash linens, run errands, return phone calls, and prepare for your stay. Please call if you have any questions. Check-out
time is 11 am
. Late check out may be available, for an additional fee, depending upon room availability; but must be requested in advance. Please inquire.
- Guest rooms are intended for the use of the REGISTERED GUESTS ONLY and are not to be used as gathering places for additional family and friends. There are several venues nearby that are perfect for small gatherings (restaurants, bars, parks, wineries, pavilions, etc.).
- PHOTOGRAPHY -- If you are a wedding guest and wish to use a photographer at the Inn, a $100 fee is required to photograph in the Inn, on the Inn grounds, or the Barn area.
- Our lower level, The Gallery at Defiance, may be rented for small gatherings, meetings, bridal party "get ready" area, etc. Please inquire in advance for availability and pricing. Any damage to the facility, bedrooms, or common areas by non-registered guests will be charged to the credit card on file of the registered guest.
- No Pets Allowed – we strive to maintain an allergy-free stay.
- Our Inn is not designed for Children - No children. Ages 21 and over please.
- We are a non-smoking facility. Smoking is permitted on the outdoor covered deck at the rear area of the Inn. Rooms that are smoked in are professionally cleaned at a charge to the guest of $250.00.
- No candles lit in the house, please.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own adult beverages.
- Quiet time on the property is 11:00 pm for the consideration of our guests and neighbors. Thank you for your consideration.
- As guests, we ask that you respect our request that you refrain from using massage oils, sprinkling flower petals in rooms, or using any other items that may cause staining of linens or area rugs. This includes no oils or bubble baths in our spa or jetted tub. In addition, our septic system requires that you dispose of nothing in our drains other than toilet paper. Should something become damaged during your stay which requires the services of dry cleaning, a plumber, or total replacement of an item, etc., the appropriate fees will be charged to the credit card on file.